To Tribe the protection of privacy is important. Personal data are therefore treated with due care. In this Privacy Statement, we will inform you of the manner in which we process personal data, which personal data are involved, why we do so and what privacy rights apply.
Who is the Controller as regards the processing of your personal data?
Tribe Group B.V., Burgemeester Stramanweg 97c, 1191 EA Ouderkerk a/d Amstel (hereinafter ‘Tribe’) is responsible for the processing of your data. As such Tribe Group B.V. acts as the controller for all parts of Tribe. These parts of Tribe are:
Tribe Company B.V., Tribe Events B.V., Tribe Sports Group B.V., Tribe Hospitality B.V., Tribe Boekingen B.V., Tribe Music B.V., Last Omega B.V., 360 Events B.V., Zand B.V. and Send your Info B.V.
Tribe is the Controller if:
– you book an artist/event with Tribe (via Tribe Boekingen for example)
– you purchase a ticket for an event and Tribe organises the event. Tribe organises events including Strandfestival ZAND;
– you visit a Tribe website;
– you ask Tribe a question or request information from Tribe;
– you register for a Tribe newsletter.
Tribe is not the organiser, but the producer/implementer of certain events. During such events Tribe will act as Processor for the organiser and the organiser is the Controller. Please read the organiser’s privacy statement if this is the case.
This applies to events including the following:
– De Vrienden van Amstel LIVE! (Heineken privacy statement)
– KNVB Voetbalkampen (KNVB privacy statement)
– De Vliegende Vrienden van Amstel LIVE! (Vliegende Vrienden privacy statement)
– Nickelodeon Familie Festival (Nickelodeon privacy statement)
What personal data are collected by Tribe?
The personal data we collect are:
– your name, gender, date of birth, residential address and place of residence
– your email address and/or telephone numbers
– information concerning tickets, concerning events, conventions and fairs (to be visited)
– financial information such as bank account number and payments
– details regarding any ‘goodie-bags’ to be obtained, regarding specific wishes with respect to catering for example or for specific facilities in connection with a handicap or impairment
– information in connection with the services and products you purchase, receive or in which you are interested
– subscriptions to newsletters and your interests
– information about your feedback regarding Tribe and events
– any other information you may provide to us
How do we get the personal data?
We obtain your personal data directly from you or from service providers who provide services for Tribe.
How do we use your personal data?
Tribe processes your personal data for the purpose of concluding and executing agreements. Tribe may also process your personal data if it has a legitimate interest in doing so. Tribe’s legitimate interests include conducting sound business operations, promotional activities and preventing theft and fraud. Tribe may also process your personal data if this is necessary to protect you or other persons.
We process your personal data for the following reasons and for the following purposes:
- a) The conclusion and performance of agreements, such as:
– purchasing (e-)tickets;
– booking events / artists and arranging the events /performances;
– invoicing and financial settlement of purchases and orders.
- b) Sending service messages regarding events. Service messages (e.g. email or WhatsApp) include information about certain events, such as times, weather forecast, transport etc.
- c) Being able to organize events properly, such as:
– ticket and access control;
– provision of specific facilities;
– ensuring that events take place in an orderly manner.
- d) Carrying out the promotional activities of Tribe and Tribe’s partners.
- e) Enabling Tribe to comply with its statutory and regulatory obligations.
- f) Preventing and detecting fraud and other offences.
- g) For service purposes and to be able to follow up your messages, questions or requests for information and to inform you of the follow-up steps.
- h) For handling disputes and complaints and for internal control and the security service.
Promotional information such as newsletters and invitations to events
Tribe uses the contact details of existing customers to send promotional information by e-mail, such as newsletters and invitations regarding the Tribe event to be visited or a service or product that was purchased. You can always unsubscribe from emails containing promotional information by using the unsubscribe option included in every message or by sending an email to [email protected].
Tribe uses contact details to send promotional information by email, such as newsletters and invitations to events organised or produced by Tribe if you gave your consent in advance (subscription to the newsletter). You can always withdraw your consent by using the unsubscribe option included in every message or by sending an email to [email protected].
Tribe will only make your contact details available to partners for the purpose of promotional activities if you gave your consent in advance. You can always withdraw your consent by sending an email to [email protected].
With whom do we share your personal data?
Tribe does not provide your personal data to third parties without your prior consent, unless this is required for the proper performance of the agreement or the service to be provided by Tribe, or unless Tribe is obliged to do so on the basis of a statutory provision or a court decision.
Tribe uses different systems to process your personal data. This means that the suppliers of those systems and Service Providers who provide services to Tribe may also process your personal data. Tribe has made arrangements with these parties to ensure that they provide sufficient safeguards for the careful processing of your personal data and security.
In the event we forward your data to a data centre or supplier outside Europe, we will only do so subject to the conditions imposed by the relevant law, for example by means of a contract based on EU model provisions.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Tribe stores retains your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which they are collected.
If you are our customer, we will retain your personal data for the duration of the agreement you have concluded with us and for a maximum of 5 years thereafter. However, tax regulations oblige us to retain our records, which include your invoice, payment and order information, for a period of 7 years.
If you subscribed for receiving promotional messages or if you receive promotional messages as an existing customer, we will use your contact details until you unsubscribe. We will retain unsubscribe notifications for a period of 6 months.
Tribe will retain your data for a longer period in certain cases if required to do so by law or if longer storage is necessary for the purpose of handling complaints, the resolution of disputes or the prevention of fraud and abuse.
How do we secure your personal data?
Tribe has implemented all reasonable, appropriate security measures to protect your data. We will use the relevant security standards for this purpose. In the event a security incident involving a high risk to your privacy does occur despite our security measures, we will inform you about the incident as soon as possible.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal data?
– You have the right to inspect your personal data. This means that you have the right to request which personal data Tribe has recorded and for what purposes they are used.
– You have the right to object to the use of your personal data, for example if you think that the use of your personal data is not necessary for the performance of our activities. You can always object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes.
– If you believe that we keep personal data that are incorrect, you have the right to request that these personal data be corrected. You also have the right to request to limit the processing of your personal data during the term we require to assess your requests or objections.
– You also have the right to request us to remove your personal data.
You may submit a request or lodge an objection by sending a letter, which includes your name, address, telephone number and a copy of (the front of) a valid identity document to Tribe Company, attn. Juridische Zaken, Burgemeester Stramanweg 97C, 1191 EA Ouderkerk a/d Amstel. Do not forget to make your Citizen Service Number on the copy of the identity document unreadable before you send it. Naturally, you can also send this request or objection by email to [email protected].
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or require further information concerning the use of your personal data, you may apply to [email protected]. You may submit a complaint to Tribe if you are not satisfied with the manner in which Tribe handles your questions, objections or complaints concerning your data. You may send an email to [email protected]. If you are still not satisfied after you have complained regarding the manner in which Tribe handled your data and your complaint, you may submit a complaint concerning the use of your personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority in The Hague.